Level 2 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 2.1.3, 4.1.2, 4.2.1, 4.2.4, 6.1.2, 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 8.1.5, 8.2.2, 10.2.4
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. Explain three major functions of the liver and their significance in the body.
2. Discuss three ways a person can develop non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
3. Identify two ways stress can make you vulnerable to liver disorders.
4. Identify five drugs or herbs that can be toxic to the liver.
5. Discuss the benefits of exercise on the function and health of the liver.
6. Counsel patients with liver toxicities on how to change their nutrition and lifestyle choices to improve health.
7. Explain a minimum of three components of an anti-inflammatory diet.
8. List four risk factors for metabolic syndrome.
9. Describe two ways in which sleep and sleep disorders are associated with NAFLD.
10. Identify which nutrient deficiency is associated with rapid progression of fatty liver disease.
11. Explain the effect of bariatric surgery on the incidence of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.