Level 2 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 2.1.3, 4.1.2, 4.2.6, 4.2.7, 6.1.2, 6.1.9, 6.2.5, 6.3.6, 6.3.8, 6.3.11
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. Identify three patients’ and other professionals’ misperceptions about plant nutrition.
2. Explain five differences between the early human diet and what we consume today.
3. Describe four functions of soluble and insoluble fiber and the daily recommendations.
4. Discuss four major influences how a plant-based diet promotes health and longevity.
5. Explain two reasons why producing more daily stool, above one-half pound, is beneficial.
6. Identify two food sources and compare actions of the following: phytoestrogens, arachidonic acid, heterocyclic amines, and sulforaphane.
7. Match each malady with the recommended beneficial plant to treat it: gout, prostate cancer tumor, depression, and breast cancer.
8. Describe three negative results found in studies about meat, poultry, and fish consumption.
9. Identify the recommended method to wash fresh fruit and vegetables.
10. Explain two beneficial results of consuming allium and cruciferous vegetables and give two examples of each.